What is GSA advantage used for?
GSA Advantage! This is a GSA-run online catalog in which GSA-certified companies may upload their products for federal buyers to purchase. An online catalog like this can be compared to a giant e-commerce site that only GSA Schedule holders can access.
To give you a quick idea of what GSA Advantage is:
- Government Business Advantage is the largest e-commerce site for the Federal Government.
- The GSA ordering system enables authorized government customers to search, compare and order products and services from government vendors in a time-efficient manner and lists millions of products along with their pricing and specifications.
How do you buy from GSA Advantage?
What government agencies can order GSA schedule-approved products and services? Also, are they required to do so?
Purchasing through the GSA Advantage program is not the only option available to federal and state governments. Alternatively, they can purchase goods through Amazon Business or other government-friendly platforms. The GSA Schedule and GSA Advantage, however, will apply for contracts on gsa ebuy above the micro-transaction threshold! These purchasing methods represent the government's primary approach to purchasing goods.
These agencies can use GSA sources of supplies, according to GSA's government buyer guide:
- Various federal agencies: Any executive agency or establishment in the judicial or legislative branch of government falls under this definition.
- The executive department: Department of Defense, Department of Commerce, Central Intelligence Agency, and U.S. Forest Service.
- Corporations are 100% owned by the government: Commodity Credit Corporation, Federal Prison Industries (UNICOR), Federal Financing Bank.
- Organizations are independent of the executive branch: For example, the Smithsonian Institute, the U.S. Postal Service.
- There are other federal agencies that are not listed above: Others may be able to obtain supplies from GSA sources, albeit with restrictions.
- Other federal agencies do not belong to the executive branch of government: For instance: the American Red Cross, the Civil Air Patrol, and the Library of Congress.
- Mixed ownership government corporations: Examples: NRPC (National Railroad Passenger Corporation), PBGC (Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation).
- District of Columbia
- The Senate
- The House of Representatives
- Architect of the Capitol
- Provides cost-reimbursement contractors: It is common for GSA to seek ways to optimize spending, so some contractors who perform cost-reimbursement contracts may be authorized to request GSA supplies. Authorizations for such requests must be in writing and cannot be transferred.
- Associations of non-federal firefighters engaged in cooperative efforts with the Department of Agriculture.
- Organizations for tribes and tribal members.
- Other statutes. Organizations can be authorized to use GSA Advantage! for purchasing goods and services.
- Colleges and universities: Such as Howard University, Gallaudet University, National Institute for the Deaf, and American Printing House for the Blind
- Certain Governments: Such as the Government of Guam and the Administration of the Virgin Islands.
- FAA authorized entities: In accordance with the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, foreign or international organizations may be eligible for access to GSA sources of supply. Military purchases are not permitted. Such organizations include the International Atomic Energy Agency, NATO, and the World Health Organization.
- These are non-appropriated fund activities.
- Purchasing cooperatives
- Under the disaster purchasing program
- 1122 Program
- In case of public health emergencies
What's New in GSA Advantage?
GSA Advantage! During that period, about 30,000 orders are placed on the website. It is a thriving online marketplace--more than one million customers visit it every week. There is a vast array of commercial products and services available on the site that can be searched by department, supplier, or descriptive terms.
You can get GSA Advantage as a contractor on the Schedule! This is a great resource for understanding government procurement. If you are a government contractor, we invite you to check out GSA Advantage. Find out what it's like to sell to the government by using their website. Additionally, you should check out competitor prices in your field to determine whether you would be a competitive seller. Here is a list of topics you can select from:
• Industrial & Building
• Electronics & Technology
• Services & Supplies
• Furnishings & Furniture
• Janitorial & Sanitation Supplies FSSI (BIC)
• for the law enforcement, fire, and security industries
• Repair, Maintenance, and Operation FSSI (BIC)
• equipment for offices
• Office Supplies
• Office Supplies & Equipment FSSI (BIC)
• Medical & Scientific
• Tools, Paint, & Recreational
• Equipment & Vehicles
GSA ADVANTAGE - HOW TO GET IT
Get your products listed at GSA Advantage! Getting registered first with GSA will allow you to list your products. You will have to wait between 12 and 16 months for the process. The following is a brief description of the GSA certification step-by-step process:
• Register your business with SAM and obtain the appropriate DUNS and NAICS codes.
• Choose the SINs that apply to your business.
• Complete your GSA-mandated training.
• Prepare your documentation for submission to the GSA.
• eOffer registration and submission of the necessary documentation.
• Then wait for the approval.
GSA Advantage gives you the opportunity to publish your product catalog once you have won a GSA schedule!
Benefits of GSA Advantage
The GSA Advantage Catalog allows government contractors to provide products and services conveniently to government buyers.
The following are the benefits to agency buyers:
• It is possible to search using many different methods, including keywords, part numbers, NSNs, manufacturers, and contractors.
• Direct ordering is possible through the website.
• Reviewing delivery methods is also possible.
• Payment methods are convenient and accessible.
• You can browse based on product types.
• The details of shipping and payment can be easily compared.
• You can even add accessories and view the product configuration.
• Tracking order status, viewing past orders, and canceling orders are all available.
GSA Advantage! The online shopping and ordering system provides government agencies with access to thousands of contractors and millions of products and services. You can browse GSA Advantage! at any time and compare the available goods and services.
Employees of the federal government can use GSA Advantage to make purchases! using:
• GSA SmartPay®, the government's commercial purchase card;
• or GSA Activity Address Codes (AACs).
• Address code for Department of Defense activities (for items purchased through the GSA Global Supply Program).
States and local governments can also use GSA Advantage! Under the Cooperative Purchasing Program and Disaster Recovery Purchasing Program, users are eligible to purchase products and services.
GSA Advantage: Contractor BenefitsFor Contractors, GSA Advantage! An online storefront where federal purchasers can buy products and services. GSA Advantage! offers the following benefits to contractors:
• Get your products (and services) in front of agency buyers who purchase through GSA Advantage catalog.
• Obtain access to buyers who are actively seeking products.
• The picture of your product, the description, and the terms of sale (shipping, delivery times, etc.) should be included with the description.
• As long as your existing GSA contract has approved products, GSA Focus can upload your catalog to GSA Advantage using that contract! You no longer need to deal with the time-consuming schedule input program SIP.
There are two major ways in which vendors can benefit from GSA Advantage:
• Due to direct sales on GSA Advantage, most orders are placed before they appear anywhere else, meaning that sales on GSA Advantage are generally faster.
• GSA Advantage provides access to a huge market of over 400,000 government users who are involved in the GSA procurement process and go to the site regularly in search of services and goods.